1. Arrive at the Glendora Transportation Building located at 410 E Dalton Ave, Glendora, California (across from Finkbiner Park) at 4:30 pm. Buses leave approximately at 4:45. You would be supplied the list of members that the bus is picking up & in the order in which they are to be picked up, along with the directions because the bus drivers are not always the same driver, so they may not know where they are going.
2. On the way, you call the member to advise them that you are on the way to pick them up.
3. Once you arrive at their home, you leave the bus and find the member & help them walk to the bus & help them onto the bus and into their seat.
4. When you arrive at the Glendora La Fetra Center, you do the same thing, help them off the bus, escort them into the building, they may need to go to the restroom, or help them to their seat.
5. Once everyone is off the bus and seated, you may stay for the program and enjoy a snack, or if you live close by you can go home or shopping, whatever you want to do. We request you return to La Fetra by 7:45 pm, and then you will escort the members back onto the bus, take them home & help them off the bus and into their home safely.
6. The bus will then return to the Glendora Transportation Center and drop you off.
- People Skills
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours per month or less
- Able to Assist the Visually Impaired and Blind by escorting them