Volunteers play a critical role in the success of our mission at the Headwaters at the Comal. Without their tremendous support our operations and programming would not be possible.
The Comal River is the heart and soul of New Braunfels, that is why we are rejuvenation 16 acres at the Headwaters of the Comal River where people can learn, have fun, and experience history and nature. The Headwaters at the Comal will highlight the hydrological, environmental and cultural history of the region and provide a living demonstration of sustainable practices for the community and visitors alike.
- Educators are a key component to a successful programming plan at the Headwaters.
- These volunteers are tasked with coordinating paid presentations for adult and/or youth audiences.
- Programming will primarily be made up of classes and workshops on a variety of topics.
- Educators should have substantial knowledge of at least one of the following topics: native plants, wildlife, history/archeology, environmental conservation, biology, hydrology, geology, art, music, health & wellness and culinary arts. Other topics may also be considered.
- Educators must have teaching experience. This could have been in either a formal or informal setting.
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training