Volunteers play a critical role in the success of our mission at the Headwaters at the Comal. Without their tremendous support our operations and programming would not be possible.
The Comal River is the heart and soul of New Braunfels, that is why we are rejuvenating 16 acres at the Headwaters of the Comal River where people can learn, have fun, and experience history and nature. The Headwaters at the Comal will highlight the hydrological, environmental and cultural history of the region and provide a living demonstration of sustainable practices for the community and visitors alike.
- These volunteers lead the daily educational programming for the Headwaters.
- Docents are responsible for leading informal talks and walks on a variety of topics throughout the grounds.
- They will also supplement the greeter with welcoming and orienting visitors to the Headwaters and assisting with the admissions process.
- For the docent position, prior education and experience is necessary.
- Docents should have substantial knowledge of at least one of the following topics: native plants, wildlife, history/archaeology, environmental conservation, biology, hydrology, or geology. Other topics may also be considered.
- Docents should also have public speaking experience.
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training