FIRST Chesapeake uses robots as the vehicle to bring Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) based leadership opportunities to youth.
Our volunteers are the key to our success. Whether your skills are technical or not, or even a bit rusty, we can use your help. Volunteers are needed before, during, and after our competitions- field set-up, team and volunteer registration tables, queuers, judges and referees, robot inspectors, photographers, etc. We would love for you to join us. Prior FIRST experience is helpful but not required.
This is a great opportunity for corporate volunteer engagement! We can accommodate a small or large group.
Age requirements for volunteers:
- Event volunteers must be at least 13 years of age, with some restrictions.
- Parent/guardian permission is required for all volunteers under 18.
- For high school students who require community service hours to graduate, the on-site volunteer coordinator can sign your forms. Notify the volunteer coordinator in advance of the event. For all other types of community involvement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply to volunteer: https://www.firstchesapeake.org/volunteer
- Social Media / Blogging
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 13
- A few hours up to the whole event, depending
- Training might be required, depending on job you request