Providence ElderPlace is an innovative program of services for older adults. Providence ElderPlace helps older adults remain as healthy and independent as possible in the community for as long as possible.
In-Home Friendly Visitors: The ElderPlace In-Home Friendly Visitors program provides one-on-one support to our participants within their living environment outside of the ElderPlace facilities.
This participant would benefit greatly from one-on-one interactions; she would love to play cribbage, do word puzzles or brain teasers, walk around the building, or do spiritual activities, current events, or knit.
Tasks which a volunteer MAY NOT perform
- Driving participants anywhere is not permitted while volunteering.
- Physical transfers of any type
- Provision of direct personal care of any type
- Provision of food or liquid.
- Ability to engage with many types of people
- Good listening skills
- Able to take initiative and problem solve independently
- 18 + years of age
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Spiritual Healing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per month, six month commitment
- Annual TB testing, influenza vaccine