Providence ElderPlace is an innovative program of services for older adults. Providence ElderPlace helps older adults remain as healthy and independent as possible in their community for as long as possible.
Here is a volunteer opportunity to start a program to help your peers stay independent in their communities. A leader is needed for a Stroke survivors group. Aimed at Baby Boomers, the volunteer would facilitate a group providing support and encouragement to Stroke survivors. Ideally, the group would continue for 6 weeks, and could be ongoing.
The days, dates and times are flexible as this is a start up. Our ElderPlace participants live throughout King County. This group leader is requested by our participants at our West Seattle PACE center located at Providence Mount St. Vincent.
Ideally, group leaders would have some education/and or experience in Mental health, social work, therapy, counseling, and/or working with Elders.
- Experience with group dynamics/facilitation
- Knowledge about issues for stroke survivors
- Ability to engage with many types of people
- Excellent listening skills
- Comfortable leading a group of stroke survivors independently
- 21+ years of age
- People Skills
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Spiritual Healing
- Social Work
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per month, six month commitment
- Medical screening, including TB testing, provided free of charge
- Licensed Beautician
- In Home Friendly Visitor-West...
- In Home Friendly Visitor -Kent/...
- In Home Friendly Visitor-Seattle
- Peer Support Group Leader-West...
- In home friendly visitor-Eastside
- Adult Day Health Program Volunteer
- Peer Support Group...
- Give the gift of Relaxation to...
- Be a Part of the Party Posse
- ENERGETIC ENTERTAINERS