VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Donor Appreciation Volunteer is responsible for supporting the Development Department by thanking donors as part of the stewardship process while ensuring notes about the interaction are recorded.
- Calling donors to thank them for their gift. This role will not solicit by phone.
- Writing handwritten thank you notes to donors
- Documenting donor interaction in an excel spreadsheet
- Comfortable conversing by phone
- Friendly disposition and passionate about our mission
- Excellent penmanship
- Proficient computer skills
- Must pass background check before start date.
2-4 hours per week; can be split over multiple days. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday preferred. Minimum 3 month commitment.
TRAINING AND SUPERVISION
Training and supervision will be provided by Vanessa Hugon, Development Associate.
HOW THIS ROLE IS TIED TO OUR MISSION
Second Harvest Food Bank relies on the generosity of individuals to fund its day-to-day operations and programs that aim to end hunger in Orange County. Thanking is a critical component of any stewardship program and will help us retain and cultivate donors. In this role, a volunteer will engage donors by thanking them and providing opportunities to get and/or stay involved with Second Harvest Food Bank. Additional revenue will allow us to expand our programs and enable us to reach the nearly 335,000 people in our community who may not know where their next meal will come from.
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week. Minimum 3 months.
- CalFresh Community Outreach...
- Shift Lead Volunteer
- Administrative Support Volunteer
- Food Distribution Volunteer
- CalFresh Internship at Second...
- Bilingual CalFresh Intern
- Data Entry Volunteer
- Grocery Rescue Shift Lead
- Grants Assistant Volunteer
- Donor Stewardship Volunteer
- Community HelpLine Volunteer
- Advocacy Intern