Digital Literacy Volunteer - Help Bring Your Community into the Digital Age!
5 people are interested
Position Overview and Impact:
Provide classes to community members in using computers, accessing Library online services, using computer software programs, social media, and other common programs. This is a great position for people who love sharing their tech knowledge and who have or would like to develop teaching skills. Volunteers will be provided with a general outline for the computer classes.
- Provide classes on using computers and accessing digital information including information available at yolocountylibrary.org.
- Follow the general outline provided and provide feedback to library staff.
- Assist patrons in using other Microsoft software and specialized software.
- Based on observation of common user needs and questions, suggest potential classes.
- Patience and organizational skills
- Good oral communication skills
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish, Russian, Chinese)
- Enjoys working with others
- Willing and able to follow directions
- Knowledge of computers, internet, cloud-based programs, and mobile devices.
Training and Support Provided:
- Orientation, instruction, and regular review with a staff member are provided.
- 2 to 3 hours a week for a minimum of 6 months.
- We can work around your schedule - times are flexible.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Opportunity to increase skills in teaching digital literacy skills and learning library-related technology.
- Satisfaction of providing a much-needed service to the library and the community.
- Chances to meet new people, help others, and work in a pleasant environment.
We'll work with your schedule.
708 Railroad AvenueWinters, CA 95694
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Computer Science
- Must be at least 18
- 2 - 3 hours a week for a minimum of 6 months.