Digital Literacy Volunteer - Help Bring Your Community into the Digital Age!
28 people are interested
Position Overview and Impact:
Provide classes to community members in using computers, accessing Library online services, using computer software programs, social media, and other common programs. This is a great position for people who love sharing their tech knowledge and who have or would like to develop teaching skills. Volunteers will be provided with a general outline for the computer classes.
- Provide classes on using computers and accessing digital information including information available at yolocountylibrary.org.
- Follow the general outline provided and provide feedback to library staff.
- Assist patrons in using other Microsoft software and specialized software.
- Based on observation of common user needs and questions, suggest potential classes.
- Patience and organizational skills
- Good oral communication skills
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish, Russian, Chinese)
- Enjoys working with others
- Willing and able to follow directions
- Knowledge of computers, internet, cloud-based programs, and mobile devices.
Training and Support Provided:
- Orientation, instruction, and regular review with a staff member are provided.
- 3 to 4 hours a week for a minimum of 6 months.
- We can work around your schedule - times are flexible.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Opportunity to increase skills in teaching digital literacy skills and learning library-related technology.
- Satisfaction of providing a much-needed service to the library and the community.
- Chances to meet new people, help others, and work in a pleasant environment.
About Yolo County Library - Stephens - Davis Branch Library
315 E. 14 Street, Davis, CA 95616, US
The Yolo County Library provides access for all to books, informational technology and other media to inform, entertain and inspire.
Public libraries in California seek to engage the talents, skills and commitment of volunteers to serve the communities' information and literacy needs. Libraries offer a variety of skilled volunteer opportunities to make a meaningful contribution to library programs, operations, fundraising events and other community engagement functions. Skilled volunteers have opportunities to lead projects, work with teams of staff and volunteers, learn new skills, and have fun.
We'll work with your schedule.
315 E. 14th StreetDavis, CA 95616
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Computer Science
- Must be at least 18
- 3 to 4 hours a week for a minimum of 6 months. Flexible schedule