It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Certified Public Accountant
- One letter of professional recommendation with phone interview
- Commitment to Natik’s vision of educational and economic empowerment of marginalized communities in Guatemala and Chiapas.
- Eager to work as part of a dynamic, international team of a US based 501-c(3) non profit organization that focuses on education and economic empowerment.
- Willing to fully participate in the collective institutional conviction that economic and process transparency apply in all situations.
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Issue invoices to customers
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Record donations: credit card, electronic transfer and checks
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Issue financial statements and management reports
- Assemble information for external auditorsfor the annual audit
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Shadow current accountant and transition to full responsibility with Treasurer and Executive Committee oversight during the course of the first 2-3 months
- Time: Approximately 2-3 hours weekly and 20 hours for annual regulatory reporting
- Method: 1) direct personal voluntary offer, or 2) corporate sponsorship
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hrs/ mo. for 10 months, 12 hrs/mo for 2 months
Report this opportunity