Maybe your parties are the talk of all your friends. Maybe your skill at decorating is legendary. Maybe you know every good restaurant and fun activity in town. And maybe you're looking for a way to put these talents to work for a great cause. Las Trampas is looking for you!
A leader in services for people with developmental disabilities since its founding in 1958, Las Trampas is looking for volunteers to help plan and execute our annual What's In Our Hat party. Held each year at the Lafayette Park Hotel in Lafayette, California, What's In Our Hat is fun afternoon party of great food, great music, silent auction, wine toss, raffle and just plain fun. All proceeds benefit Las Trampas's programs to support people with developmental disabilities in our community.
What's In Our Hat will be held on April 29, 2018. This year our theme is Las Trampas Celebrates! What are we celebrating? 60 years of community, excellence, learning, and fun!
Committee meetings are 1 hour per month from 4:30-5:30 pm (date varies) and most pre-event volunteer activities can be done off campus and on your own schedule. We are especially in need of:
- People to help solicit silent auction items throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, especially wineries, restaurants, museums, theatres, and recreational outings.
- People to help plan and create decorations, possibly in cooperation with program staff and program participants
- People to help solicit financial sponsorships from local businesses.
- Event Design & Planning
- Visual Arts
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- minimum 1 hour/month, additional time flexible
- Association of Fundraising Professionals standards for ethical fundraising (will be provided)