¿Hablas Español? Help the Red Cross
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
Help Red Cross deliver its message to the Spanish speaking community!
As a Social Media Ambassador, you will be responsible for coordinating high-quality electronic- and print-based marketing communications for the American Red Cross in the National Capital Region, to effectively promote NCR and its programs.
The ideal candidates (You) have:
- An in-depth knowledge of communication and marketing for non-profit organizations
- Ability to communicate in both Spanish and English
- Experience with effective web and social media strategies
- Strong media relations skills
- Strong understanding of audience segmentation and analysis, electronic communication/response tracking
- Experience managing large email lists and email blast communications
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Graphic design skills
- Develop and implement an online strategy using social media.
- Be responsible for updating website content on all social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Assist in building and maintaining effective press relations for increased coverage from regional journalists for NCR offerings.
- Work with appropriate staff to develop and write strategic promotional and informational copy for assigned projects such as brochures, ads, online and other marketing materials.
- Assist Director with Disaster Public Affairs.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hours per month; could be more during disasters
- have access to own computer