WHAT IS YOUR COMMITMENT AS A TUTOR?
· Work one-on-one or in small group setting with students on SAT prep
· Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8
· Serve as a role model, providing guidance and support
APPLY TO BE A TUTOR IF...
· Current college student or college graduates (must be 18 )
· You have experience or willingness to build a working relationship with youth
· Strong knowledge of the subject(s) area that you will be tutoring
HOW TO GET STARTED!
· Complete our Volunteer Application and include the following info in the additional information section:
-What subjects you feel comfortable tutoring High School students in.
Please be specific (i.e. type of science, type of math, etc.)
· Prospective tutors will have a phone screening call, in-person meeting with program staff and SCR background check
BENEFITS FOR OUR VOLUNTEERS!
· Gain knowledge of working in an after-school program, while giving back to your community
· Access to volunteer meet-ups, which include learning, social and networking opportunities,
· Tracking of your volunteer hours for your company, school or affiliated group
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1.5 hours per week