The Arapahoe County Department of Human Services builds strong communities by promoting the safety, independence and stability of individuals and families. The Child and Adult Protection (CAPS) Division is looking for volunteers to us in working towards our mission and providing excellent customer service to community members and families in Arapahoe County.
Volunteers make a difference in the lives of community members, families and children in need in Arapahoe County. We are currently recruiting for Kidz Night Out Volunteers.
Kidz Night Out is a fun night for children that have open cases with CAPS. It is designed to give children (ages six months to 18) a fun, constructive night out while giving foster/kinship families and parents a night to themselves. Volunteers engage with the children through play and structured activities; we also ask that you help with set up and cleanup. This program is offered two evenings a month - one Wednesday and one Friday.
- Age 21 or older
- Complete the application process and pass a background check
- Commit to volunteer in the position for a minimum of six months to one year
- Good interpersonal skills
- Creativity and patience
- A desire to work with some of our County’s most vulnerable adults, children and families
- To apply please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/arapahoe and search on Volunteer-Child Adult Protection Services Division
- Child Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Youth Services
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- (1) 3 hour shift/month (Wednesday or Friday nights