MAP 8th Grade is Memphis Ambassador Program (MAP)’s new after school-based tutoring/mentoring program for 8th graders that pairs one volunteer tutor-mentor with 1-3 students to work in the subject area of the tutor-mentor’s educational and/or professional expertise.
- Choose the 8th grade subject areas you want to tutor students in.
- Commit to helping students for one hour twice a week within your chosen subject area(s).
- Each day, MAP staff will pair you with 1-3 students based on the subject area students want help with.
- To further enrich students’ education and to help them develop positive relationships outside of tutoring, you will also attend one off-site activity with students and staff.
- Library Sciences
- Computer Science
- Youth Services
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- about 2 hours per week
- acquiring or already acquired at least an undergraduate education