CoM Office of Youth Services: Volunteer Tutors & Mentors Needed!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
19 people are interested
MAP 8th Grade is Memphis Apprentice Program (MAP)’s new after school-based tutoring/mentoring program for 8th graders that pairs volunteer tutors and mentors with students to work in the subject area of the tutor-mentor’s educational and/or professional expertise. We operate on Mondays and Tuesday from 4:15 PM to 5:30 PM at Orange Mound Community Center and Douglass Community Center.
- Pass a Background Check and fingerprinting.
- Choose the 8th grade subject areas you want to tutor students in.
- Commit to helping students from 4:15 PM to 5:30 PM on Mondays or Tuesdays within your chosen subject area(s).
- Each day, MAP staff will pair you with students based on the subject area students want help with.
- To further enrich students’ education and to help them develop positive relationships outside of tutoring, you will also attend one off-site activity with students and staff.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
City of Memphis Office of Youth Services315 South Hollywood StreetMemphis, TN 38104
- Literacy / Reading
- Youth Services
- Math / Science Instruction
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours every Monday and Tuesday
- acquiring or already acquired at least an undergraduate education