Kitchen/Nutrition/Senior Wellness Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where488 N. 6th StreetSan Jose, CA 95112
Position: General Volunteer
Reports to: Senior Wellness Supervisor, Manager or Operations Manager & check in with Lead Volunteer daily
Location: Northside Senior Wellness Center
The Community Child Care Council (4C Council) is a non-profit, community-based agency that serves as the community childcare link for families and childcare professionals who live and work primarily in Santa Clara County, California. The agency and its staff are proud to serve the Silicon Valley families, for more than 44 years. It is currently supported by the California Department of Education, US Department of Health and Human Services, US Department of Agriculture, County of Santa Clara and the City of San Jose. The 4C Council provides Early Care and Education, Information, Referrals, childcare voucher payments, nutrition services and family supportive services to over fifty thousand children each year. Most recently, the agency also provides Senior Nutrition Services.
The Volunteer reports to the Senior Wellness Coordinator; the Volunteer supports the mission of the seniors at the Northside Center. The Volunteer represents the 4C Council to the public who visits the center daily from Monday through Friday, from 9:00am to 3:00pm or as much as the volunteer can assist throughout the day. The Volunteer will be expected to devote full attention and efforts toward the Northside Wellness Community Center. Will assist the Senior Wellness Coordinator in all areas of the Senior Wellness Center and activities. Training will be provided.
Example of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to the Lead Volunteer for check in each day.
- Will assist with the daily bread distribution.
- Will assist with the daily public check-in sheets.
- Will collect lunch donations
- Assist to making coffee and tea.
- Will assist in distributing the brown bags twice a month.
- Will assist in cleaning dining room, sweeping, mopping and wiping tables.
- Assist in morning pastry handout with coffee and tea.
- Assist in collecting coffee and tea donations.
- Assist in washing dishes if able.
- Mop kitchen floor if able.
- Will assist in serving meals at lunch.
- Will attend training with Operations Manager twice a month
- May assist in blood pressure checks must be certified RN.
- Will assist in administrative needs such as making copies of documents.
- Will assist other volunteers in coordination of tasks assignment.
- Will assist with the inventory of supplies.
- Will assist in coordinating pot lucks and events
- Will assist in reporting if restrooms are out of supplies.
- Will submit all donations to Operations Manager or Manager on duty at end of shif.t
- Report to the Senior Nutrition Supervisor, Manager or Operations Manager & check in with Lead Volunteer daily.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Education or equivalent volunteer experience.
- Pass Volunteer background check and application.
- A passion working with seniors.
- Experience working with seniors a plus.
- Patience, understanding and dedication working with seniors.
- Self-motivated and a desire to learn to things.
- Ability to communicate effectively with seniors, volunteers, agency representatives and staff.
- Ability to read, write and speak English, understand to the best of your ability and follow written and oral directions to the best of your ability.
- Have a valid Food safety handler’s card.
- Have fun!
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Monday-Friday, 9:00am to 3:00pm or flexibility