2 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Lower Cape Fear LifeCare
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
At Lower Cape Fear LifeCare, we understand our patients and families sometimes need extra support. That’s why we’ve created the Moments Matter volunteer program. Here are some of the many ways you can help:
- Outside Tasks: Assist families with lawn maintenance such as mowing, trimming hedges or other outside tasks like washing a car
- Meals of Love: Prepare home-cooked food for quick and easy meals
- Cakes for All Occasions: Make a cake and help patients and families celebrate special occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries
- Pet Care: Help care for patient and family pets by feeding them, taking them for walks, changing litterboxes, etc.
- Correspondence: Help patients stay in touch with loved ones by writing letters on their behalf
About Lower Cape Fear LifeCare
1414 Physicians Drive, Wilmington, NC 28401, US
The mission of Lower Cape Fear LifeCare is to provide access to the highest quality LifeCare, education, and supportive services to our patients, their families, and the communities we serve.
Lower Cape Fear LifeCare offers a spectrum of support and healthcare services for people in our community affected by changing healthcare needs. These services include:
Hospice Care is comprehensive and compassionate care focused on comfort and quality of life when treatment is no longer available or desired for persons with a life expectancy of six months or less.
Palliative Care is specialized medical care to support your current treatment plan and improve quality of life for the patient and family.
LCFL’s Grief Care programs offer extensive grief care support for anyone in the community who has lost a loved one.
The LCFL Memory Partners DementiaCare program seeks to improve the lives of families affected by dementia by providing personal support, respite care, caregiver training, and education.
The agency’s Community Education program offers free educational sessions to increase awareness of health care choices, improve quality of life, support others during difficult times, and plan for life’s uncertainties.
Lower Cape Fear LifeCare is supported by a robust Volunteer Program that provides caring companionship and respite to patients and families as well as a number of complimentary programs, such as We Honor Veterans, Meals of Love, and Pet Therapy.
206 Warrior Trail RoadWhiteville, NC 28472
January 20, 2023
- Cooking / Catering
- Animal Care / Handling
- Reading / Writing
- Home Repair
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 hours per week
- Volunteers must provide proof of COVID vaccination, and adhere to infection control guidelines for PPE equipment.