United Way of Greater Stark County is still in need of volunteer tax preparers for the upcoming tax season. No experience is necessary. Individuals who participate in the 2018 Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program receive training and IRS Certification appropriate for their volunteer position, as well as materials for self-study on basic income tax law for federal and state returns. In addition, several specific training sessions will take place prior to the kick-off of tax season.
The program brings a substantial amount of money back into Stark County, because VITA volunteers are trained to identify tax credits that have been overlooked by other tax assistance programs. Make a difference both for individual citizens as well as the community as a whole and volunteer with the VITA program!
In addition to preparing taxes, the following positions are available. All positions require training, obtaining certification in Ethics, passing the Intake/Interview, as well as a Quality Review:
- Intake/Greeter/Scheduler: This position is the face of United Way of Greater Stark County at community tax clinics. Greet taxpayers as they arrive for their appointments; ensure taxpayers have all necessary documents and complete intake form.
- Call Center Specialist: This position provides first-level communication for the VITA program. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Surveyor: This position provides assistance with the VITA questionnaire to those attending United Way of Greater Stark County tax clinics.
For more information, please contact:
Tami Stephens - Site Coordinator, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
- Financial Literacy
- Financial Service Assistance
- ETC / Tax Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Two 5.5 hour classroom training sessions, 1 hr. HW
- If hired, additional 5-hour time commitment for practice scenario during tax clinic required.