The Land Acquisition Committee acquires and preserves important open space parcels in Woodbury, CT and in surrounding towns.
- Develop guidelines and establish priorities for land conservation whether in fee or through easements.
- Identify, select, and then negotiate to acquire properties ensuring transactions are accomplished under specific standards and defined practices.
- Research individual properties to determine whether they meet priorities and should be considered for conservation by Flanders.
- Work with land owners to acquire properties following approved procedures.
- Increase public awareness of Flanders properties and educate public on importance of land conservation through programs coordinated under Woodward Outdoor Learning Initiative (WOLI).
- Collaborate with other land preservation entities in an effort to acquire and steward important open space... at the regional level.
- Program Management
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Education
- Contract Negotiations
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 meeting/month additional time project dependent