Youth Tutor (Virtual) for SCYS
Sheppard Pratt is looking for student and adult tutors who reside in Montgomery County, Maryland to offer direction, support, and academic guidance to an elementary, middle or high school student to build his/her self-confidence and improve his/her school experience.
School and Community Youth Services program at 620 East Diamond Avenue, Suite H in Gaithersburg
- Students are in elementary through high school
- All subject areas are needed, especially math
- Mondays-Thursdays from 4:00-7:00pm, throughout the year
- Tutors are asked to commit to 1-2 one-hour sessions each week
- Students 15 and older are welcome to tutor with SCYS
Key responsibilities include:
- Attend virtual tutoring sessions as scheduled and on time; notify staff in advance of any absence
- Provide encouragement and support while assisting the student through the learning process
- Provide instruction in good study habits
- Observe confidentiality at all times
- Keep staff informed about your tutoring experience or any concerns you may have
- Sensitive and adaptable to student needs
- Acceptance of cultural, economic, and familial differences
- Enthusiasm for working with students
- No previous teaching or tutoring experience necessary
To learn more and to apply, contact email@example.com. All volunteers will be asked to attend a new virtual volunteer orientation to learn more about Sheppard Pratt and our volunteer policies.
About Sheppard Pratt
620 E. Diamond Ave., Suite M, Suite M, Gaithersburg, MD 20877, US
Sheppard Pratt (formerly Family Services) promotes the resilience, recovery, and independence of individuals and families across the lifespan though mental and physical health, social service, and education, thereby strengthening communities.
For over 100 years we have been providing a wide array of services and supports to over 12,000 people in Montgomery, Frederick and Prince George's counties each year.