Finance Director - Orange County
DONATE TO THIS
19 people are interested
At ChickTech, we believe every girl and woman has the right to fulfill their true potential. We support our community by providing hands-on experiences to strengthen personal and professional skills that will make our members, volunteers, and those we serve successful in their personal and professional lives.
We are offering an opportunity for someone to join our leadership team and help us maintain our solid financial standing. We offer the opportunity for you to see what a fiscally responsible organization looks like. Our chapter finances are solid and we are not looking for someone to come in and "fix things".
We are currently recruiting for a Finance Director. The Finance Director is an integral role within the ChickTech OC chapter. This position supports and assists the chapter leadership in managing all policies and procedures related to chapter fundraising and expenditures. More importantly, this person will proactively support the team in understanding the finance process, educate leadership how best to provide information for bookkeeping, and manage chapter finances. This role will have an understanding of how to best implement finances into chapter strategies.
This role reports to the Chapter Director. Please note that while other organizations may have this role operating independently from other members, that is not the case in the chapter.
This volunteer opportunity could be for you if you have/are:
- Currently employed (business owners and recruiters are welcome!)
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong work ethic, appreciation for work, and a demonstrated understanding that there is no work beneath anybody.
- Be willing to be ultimately accountable and get the job done, even if you have to do it yourself
- Ability to stretch a dollar and appreciation that money "Doesn’t grow on trees"
- Have previously attended ChickTech events before
- Understand the importance of spending less than you bring in.
- Strong communication skills. We frown upon financial buzzwords. You must be able to communicate financial concepts in a clear way to someone without a finance background.
- Attention to detail.
- Highly organized.
- Other qualifications agreed upon with RD and according to needs of chapter.
- Must pass a background check
- Must be willing to sign ChickTech’s financial policy.
- Must be willing to participate in Chapter Financial Development efforts (no experience needed).
- Media and Photo Release
- Nice to Have
- Involvement in the tech industry
- Previous nonprofit leadership experience
- Can commit to 1 year of volunteering
The Finance Director will have the following responsibilities:
- Leadership Team Responsibilities
- Provide updates on Chapter financial health to Chapter leadership.
- Assist with the long-term sustainability of the chapter by meeting a Chapter Development goal.
- Find opportunities to promote our work, volunteers, and impact in the community
- Oversee that volunteers that report to this role are making progress towards achieving their Chapter Development Goal and enforcing our Chapter Development policy.
- Promote our ChickTech High School Program and ensure we meet our annual metrics.
- Attend events
- Commit to a one-year term
- Sign a leadership team agreement describing expectations and responsibilities
- Be an external voice for ChickTech
- Attend monthly virtual or in-person leadership team meetings
- Have 8-10 hours/week availability
- Annual Budgeting
- Review large event budgets and ensure they fit into the Chapter budget
- Accounts Payable
- Review all reimbursements before sending to Chapter Director, and RD for approval and disbursement of funds
- Ensure chapter team members submit reimbursement requests within 45 days of expense.
- Accounts Receivable
- Deposit checks and cash within two weeks of receipt.
- Ensure invoices are paid by the due date.
- Month End Close
- Ensure all income and expenses and reported to HQ accounting by the 3rd of month.
- Grant and Contract Management
- Review contracts and provide a summary of terms before contract is sent to Chapter Director, and HQ for approval.
- Assist in putting together fundraising packages and proposals
- Manage grant budgets and ensure we are in compliance with grant rules and requirements so that we can continue to apply for future funding.
What’s in It for You:
- An opportunity to lead a growing organization and change lives for Women and Girls in Orange County
- The ability to build and strengthen your leadership skills outside of a traditional work setting.
- Opportunities to network and build relationships in the OC Tech community.
- Opportunities to network on a national level with leaders of our sister chapters across the globe
- Business growth and development experience
- Invitations to speak at events, serve on other leadership and advisory boards
- Opportunity to serve underserved and underrepresented youth in our community by providing them career and educational options and opportunities.
- An opportunity to be affiliated with one of the most fiscally responsible non-profits in the area.
- Volunteer Appreciation Events
- Free Admission to our ChickTech Careers Events
If you are interested, please complete the following. Applications that do not follow this process will not be considered.
- Fill out our Volunteer Application: https://airtable.com/shrmfeOTpwr0qfHk5
- Submit a cover letter to Christine Lambino-Cunliffe at email@example.com detailing the following:
- Your understanding of ChickTech and what problems we try to solve
- Your understanding of this role and how this role will influence the problems we try to solve in question 1.
- One of our values is that we are respectful of financial resources given to us. Provide us with examples in your personal or professional life that demonstrate how your values align with ours.
- While this role is not a fundraising position, provide us with your approach to how you would fundraise for ChickTech.
- What ChickTech events you have attended or volunteered at (mandatory for consideration for this role. If you have not attended a ChickTech event, you cannot apply until you have done so).
- RSVP and attend the next in-person volunteer orientation. Orientation dates are available here: https://www.meetup.com/ChickTech-Orange-County/
Please include a copy of your resume in your email.
Leadership service for a nonprofit organization requires both a personal commitment and a time commitment, and we are no exception. We expect that the right person for this role will take the initiative to learn about us first (e.g. attend our events, be an active volunteer) and only after doing so, provide solution-oriented suggestions for growth and improvement. You will be asked to participate in 1-2 interviews with other Orange County leadership team members. If you are looking to take on this role for the sole purpose of adding it to your resume or to find a job, don’t apply .
Expect about a 4-8 week onboarding process. During that time you will be introduced to our chapter and expected to learn the ins and outs of not only our Chapter, but the OC Tech Community as well as our peer organizations. You will also have several (virtual) trainings with our Headquarters in Portland.
We will have you work on projects and tasks related to this role while exposing you to the values and processes of our chapter and make sure you are willing to do the necessary work. You will also be required to learn our Chapter Development process and make progress towards your Chapter Development Goal before becoming part of the leadership team.
We'll work with your schedule.
Orange CountyIrvine, CA 92618
- Financial Planning
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Cost Analysis
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- 8-10 hours/week
- Graduated from college, background check, chapter financial development requirement