Finance Director - Orange County
DONATE TO THIS
15 people are interested
At ChickTech, we believe every girl and woman has the right to fulfill their true potential. Through a variety of confidence and skill building experiences, we uplift and empower girls and women through the lens of technology. In the end, our goal is to get and keep girls and women in high tech and show them they are capable of doing - and being - anything they desire. Through service across the country, community members of all types are joining us to bring these experiences to the girls and women who need them the most.
The Finance Director is an integral role within the ChickTech OC chapter. This position supports and assists the chapter leadership in managing all policies and procedures related to chapter fundraising and expenditure. More importantly, this person will proactively support the team in understanding the finance process, educate leadership how best to provide information for bookkeeping, and manage chapter finances. This role will have an understanding of how to best implement finances into chapter strategies.
- Review large event budgets and ensure they fit into Chapter budget.
- Deposit checks and cash within two weeks of receipt.
- Ensure invoices are paid by the due date.
- Ensure all income and expenses and reported to HQ accounting by the 3rd of month.
- Review all reimbursements before sending to Chapter Director, and RD for approval and disbursement of funds
- Ensure chapter team members submit reimbursement requests within 45 days of expense.
- Provide updates on Chapter financial health to Chapter leadership.
- Review contracts and provide a summary of terms before contract is sent to Chapter Director, and HQ for approval.
- Assist in putting together fundraising packages and proposals
- Understand the importance of spending less than you bring in.
- Ability to complete revenue and expense reports
- Strong communication skills. We frown upon financial buzzwords. You must be able to communicate financial concepts in a clear way to someone without a finance background.
- Attention to detail.
- Highly organized.
- Other qualifications agreed upon with RD and according to needs of chapter.
- This role does not have any final say on programming.
- Must pass a background check
- Must be willing to sign ChickTech’s financial policy.
- Must be willing to participate in fundraising efforts (no experience needed)
- Involvement in the tech industry
- Previous nonprofit leadership experience
- Can commit to 1 year of volunteering
We'll work with your schedule.
Orange CountyIrvine, CA 92618
- Financial Planning
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Cost Analysis
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- 5-8 hours per week
- Graduated from college