Bellingham Younger-Onset Caregiver Support Group Facilitator
6 people are interested
Become a volunteer support group facilitator and make a difference in a caregiver's life. Provide help and hope in a trusting place.
We are currently recruiting facilitators for dementia specific caregiver support groups in Bellingham.
We provide excellent trainings, ongoing support, resources, and continuing education opportunities. A screening and application process is required.
Individuals who are often best qualified as support group facilitators include working or retired social workers, nurse and other healthcare professionals, educators, clergy, counselors, and former family caregivers. Commitment of at least one year is required.
Attributes of a facilitator
- Knowledgeable or willing to learn about Alzheimer's disease, related dementias, and resources
- Strong listening and effective communication skills
- Sense of humor
- Ability to create and maintain a safe environment
- Comfortable with expression of emotions
- Available for required trainings
Be a part of the team! For more information in Washington contact:
53 More opportunities with Alzheimer's Association Washington State Chapter, Serving Washington State & Northern Idaho2 Reviews
We'll work with your schedule.
VariousBellingham, WA 98225
- People Skills
- Group Facilitation
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year commitment required