Digital Platform Brand Identity Design Volunteer Expert - Remote Assignment
Location of Assignment: Remote
Proposed Level of Effort: up to 20 working days
Anticipated Start Date: TBD/flexible
Anticipated End Date: TBD
Objective: To improve the branding scheme for USAID ENGINE Program’s 'Bizfundi’ digital platform.
Background: The Tanzania Enabling Growth through Investment and Enterprise Program (ENGINE) is a four-year, USAID-funded Feed the Future activity awarded through the Volunteers for Economic Growth Alliance (VEGA), that aims to streamline and enhance many of the regulatory, informational and financial channels that encourage domestic and foreign investment in the southern mainland agricultural regions of Mbeya, Morogoro, and Iringa, and in Zanzibar.
ENGINE works at the district level, using a broad-based approach to engage with district Local Government Authorities (LGAs), private sector associations, business development service providers, financial institutions (FIs) and small and medium enterprises. The program’s activities are divided into three main components:
- Implement policies for growth. Build the capacity of the private sector to effectively dialogue with the government to set the policy agenda and improve the capacity of the public sector to implement policies.
- Equip businesses for growth. Strengthen SME capacity and foster the growth and capacity of a sustainable market for business development services (BDS) in Tanzania.
- Access to finance for growth. Broaden access to finance for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), especially women and youth entrepreneurs and those working within agricultural value chains, to facilitate increased investment and growth.
Problem Statement: Part of the way ENGINE is expanding access to information, business development services, and financing options is through the development of a digital platform-both website and mobile application-that allows small business owners to easily identify and connect with business development advisors, relevant information, and a stepwise process for connecting with financial institutions. In order to be useful and used regularly by a large number of small business owners, this platform must be both easy to navigate and convey an attractive, professional image that imbues confidence in users.
This-in part-requires a unified brand identity that encompasses the platform’s overall look and feel across its web and mobile interfaces, including color scheme, wordmark, logo, and font selection.
Assist development of the Bizfundi digital platform by reviewing and refining the elements that contribute to the platform’s overall identity. The volunteer will begin by engaging in discussions with the design team to learn more about Bizfundi, how it works, its different targeted user groups, and its current and planned functionality. The volunteer will then develop a series of iterative drafts of various design elements per the deliverable table below, culminating in a refined, unified brand identity that is both clean and professional.
Color palette-using both RGB and Hex codes.
5 working days, after a series of iterative feedback from the Bizfundi design team.
Review and recommendation of complementary web-safe, free for commercial use (FFC) font types and sizes for different elements.
10 working days, after a series of iterative feedback from the Bizfundi design team.
Revised BizFundi wordmark and favicon/mobile icon-in illustrator native (.ai) format.
15 working days, after a series of iterative feedback from the Bizfundi design team.
New button, dropdown, navigation menu styles and sizes.
20 working days, after a series of iterative feedback from the Bizfundi design team.
- At least three years of experience in digital product branding.
- At least three years of experience in logo design.
- A portfolio well-designed logos/ web themes that highlight your flair and attention-to-detail.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in cross-cultural settings.
- Patience, flexibility, and an open mind will be highly advantageous.
- IT Management
- Web Design / UX
- Graphic Design
- IT Consulting
- Web Design
- IT Strategy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment