The Prince William County Office of Tourism is currently recruiting Tourism Ambassadors to assist with the customer service function of the convention and visitors bureau (CVB). If you love being part of a fun team that is passionate about travel and about providing excellent customer service over and above what is expected - this is the opportunity you have been waiting for!
This position is currently based in the CVB Field Office in Occoquan, Virginia.
We are seeking locals who are extroverted and customer oriented candidates. Background working in hotels, tourism, customer service centers and other hospitality fields is a PLUS.
Prince William County Office of Tourism is seeking Tourism Ambassadors for the 2018 class.
This is a great way to get more involved in the Prince William community, gain hands-on experience in the hospitality and tourism industry, make new connections and network, and make a positive impression on incoming visitors to our incredible destination.
As a Tourism Ambassador, you may assist in the following activities:
- Meet & Greet Guests at the Visitor Center in Occoquan, Virginia or at various tourism destinations throughout the county.
- Act as a concierge at tourism friendly events such as concerts, festivals, sporting events, and parades
- Represent the CVB at attractions
- Assist the CVB with better welcoming new businesses to Prince William County, Virginia
- Assist at Ribbon Cutting Events
Why would I want to join?
- Annual Appreciation Lunch
- Behind The Scenes Tours at Events
- Invitations to Tourism & Hospitality Partner events
- Annual Holiday Party Celebration
- Occasional Incentives to attractions such as Jiffy Lube Live, Hylton Performing Arts Center, Splashdown Waterpark, and other attractions
- Annual Orientation Tour to taste, touch, and experience Prince William County
Be able to work flexible hours and schedules based on availability. No experience is required, and you will be thoroughly trained for your assigned duties. Most volunteers will be working with at least one other person. Applicants may undergo a reference check and screening. All ambassadors must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid Virginia Driver’s license.
Schedule: One day per week (4 hours per week), including some weekends and holidays.
This volunteer position is primarily in the Prince William County Tourist Information Center at Historic Occoquan. The Visitor Center is open 9a-5p; seven days a week, closed on Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years Day. The Prince William County Office of Tourism is an equal opportunity employer and employment at Prince William County Office of Tourism is at will for both the employer and employee.
No recruiters please.
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours weekly or biweekly