Looking for 2018 Board Member Candidates
Neighbor Brigade, a Massachusetts-based nonprofit, is looking to add to its Board of Directors. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for serving those in need. We are particularly interested in individuals who have experience in board development, finance, and fundraising. Prior Board experience is a plus. Responsibilities include:
- Actively support and promote the Neighbor Brigade mission, vision, and strategic goals
- Attend Board meetings every two months typically held on Mondayevenings in Wayland
- Serve on a Board committee (finance, fundraising, governance)
- Participate in fundraising and make a personally meaningful annual contribution
- As part of the Board, assume responsibility for hiring, monitoring, advising, supporting, and evaluating the Executive Director.
- Support the Executive Director and Board President in identifying and recruiting other Board members.
- As part of the Board, approve the annual plan, budget, and related financial decisions
About Neighbor Brigade:
Neighbor Brigade, Inc. creates community-specific networks of volunteers that can be mobilized to help neighbors and their families in crisis. Using web-based tools to organize and manage this support, our volunteers fulfill neighbors’ day-to-day needs by providing meals, rides, and household chores at no cost. With more than 3,000 volunteers throughout New England, Neighbor Brigade makes the unmanageable manageable. Now in our seventh year, Neighbor Brigade has grown to 33 chapters.
If interested, please contact Board President Sue Parente at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- one meeting every other month in the evenings