We are a startup that is need of these ingredients to achieve success with our mission, to create a format for the skills of often unrecognized, disregarded natives to be empowered with the presentation of multimedia ( including all demographics/social levels, from the most highly regarded to the most downtrodden) to a world ignorant of its neighbors as a viable audience (at first) and a trusted and worthy portal to shared culture.
We Most Need:
1) The assistance of highly-fluent, multilingual or bilingual independent contractor-translators to translate multimedia from the Source language of the media to the Target language of the underserved consumer(s): Arabic, Amharic, Armenian, Bantu ( any/all known dialects), Berber, Cantonese, Chechen, Croatian, Estonian, French, Filipino/Tagalog, Fulani, Hausa, Hmong, Igbo, Javanese, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Malay, Nepali, Oromo, Portuguese, Punjab, Shona, Swahili, Tamil, Thai, Urdu,Vietnamese, Yoruba and Zulu.
2) The inclusion of natives of theses underserved languages in our call for volunteers is to foster a just, fair and continuous place for our communications to be proofread for accuracy and insult-filtered by our native communities, not algorithms/machine translations which are not only devoid of the human touch but often infected by a coder(s) personal bias.
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3 days for Under 1000 Words Assignment/Project.
- 7 days for Over 1000 Words Assignment/Project.