Young Professionals Associate Board Member
18 people are interested
The Shelter Partnership Young Professionals Associate Board
With over 58,000 people homeless each night, Los Angeles County has one of the highest rates of homelessness in the nation. Rising housing costs, lack of affordable housing, and unemployment are a few factors that make homelessness one of the most pervasive issues in Los Angeles. The Shelter Partnership Young Professionals Associate Board offers a meaningful way to reverse this trend while expanding your professional skillsets, building networks, and having fun with like-minded professionals.
The Associate Board promotes and advocates on behalf of Shelter Partnership through fundraising, volunteer initiatives, and attracting new friends to the organization. Since it's inception in January 2016 the Associate Board has hosted and co-hosted events, organized volunteer activities, and raised over $30,000 for Shelter Partnership. This opportunity is ideal for professionals who have an interest in homelessness and desire to learn more about what serving on a Board of Directors involves.
Since 1985 Shelter Partnership has been one of the leading agencies working to collaboratively end homelessness in LA County through program design, policy analysis, and resource development. Learn more about what we do at www.shelterpartnership.org.
Benefits of Being a Shelter Partnership Young Professionals Associate Board Member
- Gain Board of Directors experience
- Collaborate on projects with professionals from diverse business sectors
- Give back in a meaningful way and build relationships with like-minded professionals
- Gain project management and fundraising experience
- Help fix LA’s homelessness problem by working with one of the leaders in LA’s fight against homelessness
- Learn how to use your networks for positive change
Expectations and Requirements
- Attend 3 of 4 quarterly Board meetings held in Downtown LA
- Active engagement in committees and decision making of Associate Board
- Desire to learn about homelessness in Los Angeles
- $75 annual membership fee
- Complete Give or Get Fundraising Goals ($500 per year)
- Participate in one volunteer event organized by Associate Board
- Organize and participate in fundraising event organized by Associate Board
The Shelter Partnership Young Professionals Associate Board is a volunteer council of young professionals that promotes and advocates on behalf of Shelter Partnership through fundraising, volunteer initiatives, and attracting new friends to the organization.
We appreciate your taking a few minutes to answer a few questions about your background, experience, and interest in volunteerism and philanthropy.
We are currently filled, but accepting applications for our wait list.
Follow this link and complete the application. Once submitted, please email your resume and direct all questions to Tracy Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
520 So. Grand AveSuite 695Los AngelesLos Angeles, CA 90071
- Must be at least 25
- 4 quarterly Board meetings
- Monthly volunteer opportunities