VITAS is looking for kind and caring people to help terminally ill patients and their families. Friendly visits, simple errands, providing a listening ear and the gift of friendship at a crucial time can make a real difference in another's life. Yours, too!
Other VITAS volunteer activities: relief care (sit with a patient while the caregiver takes a break); friendly visits to patients and their families at home or in a nursing home; driving a patient to appointments; accompanying a patient to a church function, wedding, beauty shop, play, ballgame; run errands to the grocery store, drug store, post office; assist with programs and special events.
VITAS Volunteer orientation is provided free of charge to help you learn the skills required to be an outstanding hospice volunteer. Time and dates are ongoing and flexible.
For more information about VITAS visit VITAS.com.
- Hospice Care
- Brass Instrument
- Patient Care
- Social Work
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- 2 hours or more per week
- Orientation and Background Check
- VITAS Hair Care Volunteers
- Provide Friendly Visits to...
- VITAS Patient-Care Volunteers
- Massage Therapy Hospice Volunteer
- Volunteer to Make a Difference...
- Volunteer to bring Harmony and...
- Be a Cut Above…Pamper a Hospice...
- Music Volunteer
- VITAS Paw Pals Volunteers
- Make a "Dog-Gone" Difference in...