- Assistant Manager volunteer treats everyone with compassion, dignity and respect.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and a customer service orientation. Ability to read fine print on driver's licenses and other documents.
- Comfortable in a busy environment and able to work on your feet for several hours.
- Basic computer skills.
- Assist with training of all new volunteers.
- Deal with comments, questions or complaints from volunteers or clients while consistently monitoring customer service.
- Maintain an organized, clean, operational, and inviting food bank while helping clients as needed.
- Maintain and ensure compliance to established food quality and standards.
- Coordinate with the Manager for everyday operation.
- Ensure compliance with prescribed standards and local state and federal laws (e.g. temperature logs, recalls, cross contamination and recording perishables).
- Complete the intern paperwork such as inputting hours and completing monthly evaluations.
- Accurately record all pounds of food coming in to the food bank in the daily intake workbook, also input grocery rescue weekly report.
- Sign community service letters for hours when the Manager is unavailable.
- At times will assist with and be asked to conduct the morning meeting of the day with all Volunteers.
- When Manager is not available the Assistant Manager may be asked to help do interview of potential volunteers and interns.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and a customer service orientation.
- Ability to read fine print on driver's licenses and other documents.
- Comfortable in a busy environment.
- Ability to work on your feet for several hours.
- Basic computer skills.
Tuesday and Thursday from 9 AM to 2 PM
- Cooking / Catering
- Office Management
- Program Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Please see job description for available hours.
- MENTORSHIP - High School...
- FLOOR LEAD AT FOOD BANK - ...
- CONGREGATE MEAL SITE VOLUNTEER -...
- CARRY OUT/RUNNER (Food Bank) ...
- DISPENSER AT FOOD BANK - RSVP...
- DO YOU HAVE FASHION KNOWLEDGE -...
- MATH / SCIENCE TUTORING at ...
- ENRICHMENT PROGRAM -...
- HANDYMAN - Age 55 and over
- ADMINISTRATIVE/CLERICAL VOLUNTEER
- HIGH END NON-PROFIT THRIFT SHOP...
- ASSISTANT MANAGER - FOOD BANK -...
- CLIENT INTAKE SPECIALIST - FOOD...
- ALL-STAR READERS - Volunteers...
- SUCCESS COACHES for high school...