Emergency Men's Shelter Case Manager Aide (AmeriCorps)
St. Paul's Community Development Corporation
Service Title: Case Manager Aide (AmeriCorps)
Program Site: Emergency Men’s Shelter/Partnerships for Healthy Living
Reports to: Emergency Men’s Shelter Case/Manager
Purpose: The AmeriCorps Case Manager Aide provides case management support to agency clients across all program areas (Food Pantry, Shelter, Next Step and Partnerships for Healthy Living). The Case Manager Aide works collaboratively with St. Paul’s CDC case managers and community-based organizations to provide comprehensive services to guide clients towards self-sufficiency.
Service Responsibilities include:
- Provide comprehensive case management services including: intake assessment, service plan development, coordination of services and referrals, advocacy, crisis intervention, and program maintenance.
- Collaborate with other agency case managers for necessary case conferencing and in-house referrals.
- Complete and maintain detailed case files and statistical records including Bi- weekly progress notes, incident reports, program terminations, etc.
- Enter subsequent data into relevant data systems (i.e. ETO-Efforts To Outcomes, Social Solutions, Inc. and HMIS-Homeless Management Information System, United States Department of Housing and Urban Development)
- Establish and maintain linkages with other community based organizations and government agencies.
- Prepare progress reports weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- College degree in social work, criminal justice or related social science field
- Significant clerical and file management experience and data processing
- Strong organizational skills and excellent verbal, writing and communication skills
- Understanding of socially relevant issues impacting low-income urban communities
- Computer literacy, including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, internet, and email communications
- Valid Driver’s License is preferred, but not required
ST. PAUL’S COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AMERICORPS PROGRAM BENEFITS
AmeriCorps is the domestic version of the Peace Corps. AmeriCorps Members dedicate one year of their life to serve communities throughout the United States that are in need. For this year of dedication, individuals earn a living stipend, education award, and more! SPCDC AmeriCorps Members serve in all aspects of the agency's work. Duties range from working in the SPCDC Food Pantry, case management in our homeless men's shelter, and mentoring students in after school and summer programs throughout the City of Paterson, NJ.
SPCDC offers its members different benefits based on a member’s level of commitment.
*Full-Time Members commit to serve 1700 hours (approximately 35-40 hours per week).
Position Type: Full-Time
Volunteer Hours to Complete: 1700
Total Stipend Amount: $14,300.00
Educational Award: $6,195.00
*Access to NJSCNCS Trainings, Professional Development Workshops, & Access to AmeriCorps Alumni Resources
*Participation in FREE End of the Year Trip to Washington D.C
Contact AmeriCorps Program Director for more information at email@example.com
About St. Paul's Community Development Corporation
456 Van Houten Street, Paterson, NJ 07501, US
The mission of St. Paul's Community Development Corporation is to serve as an agent of hope, partnering with others to provide needs driven services that improve the quality of life and encourage greater self-sufficiency.
St. Paul's Community Development Corporation (SPCDC) is a secular, not-for-profit organization, guided by a diverse and voluntary board of directors that bridges racial, economic, geographic, and religious boundaries.
Our purpose is to alleviate the conditions of hunger, homelessness, unemployment, under-employment, poverty and illiteracy in the City of Paterson. We do this by providing emergency services to all in need and by designing long-term approaches to achieving social and economic improvement at the grassroots level.