We are seeking an individual who would enjoy:
1. Creating and posting two bi-monthly newsletters, one to the community and one to K-12 teachers. We use Mail Chimp to prepare and send our e-newsletters. This task would include capturing information related to STEM activities and opportunities in Flagstaff, writing the newsletters and sending to subscribers. STEM City will help source content for the newsletters.
2. Writing blog posts for our website. We aim to create 1 blog post per week. We use Weebly as our site host and posts are created and delivered through the Weebly interface. STEM city will help with identifying sources of content and content creation for the blog posts.
3. Posting to Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram 5-10 times a week. The posts highlight STEM activities and opportunities in Flagstaff. STEM City staff will help source content and with content creation.
4. Assist STEM City staff with creating collateral material for STEM City and STEM City related programs.This includes fliers, presentation, reports aimed at engaging the community in STEM activities.
This volunteer position is a chance to write for various audiences, use social media in a business setting, engage in community outreach and support a local non-profit!
- Marketing Analytics
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-15 hours per week