Welcome Volunteers: Cat Division
4 people are interested
Welcome Volunteers are responsible for managing and supporting the Cat Division Foster Coordinator by providing the final step in the foster training and onboarding process. Welcome volunteers provide the "home visit" for new fosters which includes final training steps, signing the foster agreement, and offering a welcome package to new fosters.Responsibilities
- Schedule welcome visits with fosters who have completed new foster orientation (conducted at the foster’s home)
- Provide overview of FAQ’s and be able to answer any questions new fosters may have
- Secure foster agreement and send to Cat Division
- Upload new fosters in Pet Haven database
- Provide documentation to the Foster Coordinator after conducting home visits and scheduled phone trainings.
- Communicate in a professional manner the mission, vision and values of Pet Haven to assigned foster homes, other volunteers, and the public
- 2-5 hours/week
- Intermediate computer skills including email, internet, and internal databases
- Comfortable communicating on phone and in person
- Ability to be direct, professional, and welcoming
- Volunteer management experience a plus
- Exceptionally well-organized and self-starter
- Must have a Minnesota driver’s license
If you're interested in learning more about this position, please fill out an online volunteer application: https://pethavenmn.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
About Pet Haven Inc of Minnesota
PO Box 19105, Minneapolis, MN 55419, US
Pet Haven Inc. of Minnesota [a 501(c)(3) charitable organization] rescues and re-homes cats and dogs, spays and neuters to reduce overpopulation, promotes responsible guardianship through educational programs, and advocates on behalf of companion animals.
Pet Haven operates an adoption program for homeless cats and dogs. We use a network of volunteer foster homes to care for the animals in our adoption program. The cats and dogs receive thorough veterinary care including a spay/neuter, their needs are assessed by the foster homes, and then suitable permanent homes are found for them. Pet Haven carefully screens all adoptive homes and charges adoption fees for the cats and dogs placed through our program.Pet Haven was founded in 1952. We are an all-volunteer organization. We do not have a shelter. All animals are cared for in our foster homes. We are a limited admission foster-based rescue and actively promote spaying & neutering to reduce companion animal overpopulation.
Pet Haven Inc. of Minnesota's vision is to be a rewarding place to volunteer, to find a quality home for each animal, to encourage a community of responsible companion animal guardians, to eliminate the community's need to euthanize dogs and cats as a means of population control, and to encourage a society where animals become more valued.
We'll work with your schedule.
Twin Cities areaMinneapolis/St Paul & surrounding area, MN 55419
- Animal Care / Handling
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours/week