Menus and food will be provided by the Meal Manager/Chef. For this volunteer position will prepare and serve food to our homeless seniors at South Park Senior Center, located at 8201 10th Ave S, we need the most help on our very first Hot Lunches starting on Nov 14 for every Tuesday, the more hot lunches we can serve, the more seniors or homeless seniors will benefit from it for sure. We also do need help for dinner every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, dedicated for seniors or homeless seniors in our community.
Essential Volunteer Duties:
- Help and serve Tuesday hot lunches
- Or help and serve dinner on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday
- Engagement with our homeless seniors that usually come for dinner only
- Knowledge of maintaining safe and healthy kitchen and food
- Preferred with Washington State Food Handler’s permit or we will pay for yours!
- Ability to work cooperatively with staffs, Seniors, at-risk clients, and representatives of other programs
- Simple sense of computer skills like how you browse Volunteer Match or this page
- Able to lift 25 pounds (*exceptions may apply)
- Maintain a current Food Handlers Permit while volunteering with us
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- At least 1 hour per month