GiGi’s Playhouse NYC is the only community and education center specifically dedicated to celebrate
and support individuals with Down syndrome and their families in New York City. All our programs are
designed to empower individuals with Down syndrome to be their own best advocates. All of our
amazing programs are delivered by volunteers, and free to participants. We are looking for a social
media/marketing intern to support our development of awareness, promotional and marketing
Join our team, show the world the value and achievements of people with Down syndrome!
Job Title: Social Media/Marketing Intern
Flexible Schedule, 8-12 Hours per week
Duration: Through Fall Semester, 2017. Additional opportunities for Spring Semester 2018.
Wage: Volunteer, possible stipend and course credit
Reports to Executive Director
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
* Content creation for social media platforms to promote programs and events as well as push
awareness and community growth.
* Work with Marketing Committee to develop and deliver social media campaigns
* Design weekly newsletters for digital and hard copy distribution
* Flyer design and outreach around programs and events.
* Attend weekly Marketing Committee calls
* Work with Executive Director to deliver Giving Tuesday and other online giving campaigns
* Microsoft Office: Word, Powerpoint
* Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Wordpress
* Media: Photo and video production
* Salesforce, Marketing Cloud and other Platforms taught as necessary
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible, 8-12 Hours Per Week