GiGi’s Playhouse NYC is the only community and education center specifically dedicated to celebrate
and support individuals with Down syndrome and their families in New York City. All our programs are
designed to empower individuals with Down syndrome to be their own best advocates. All of our
amazing programs are delivered by volunteers, and free to participants. We are looking for a media
intern to support our development of awareness, promotional and marketing materials.
Join our volunteer team and make a difference for the New York City Down syndrome community!
Job Title: Media Intern
Flexible Schedule, 8-12 Hours per week
Duration: Spring Semester 2017. Additional opportunities over Summer
Wage: Volunteer, possible stipend and course credit
Reports to: Operations Coordinator
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
* Visual content creation for social media platforms to promote programs and events as well as
push awareness and community growth.
* Review and organize current and legacy photos, selecting the best for future use.
* Assist with video projects. Filming, editing, and distributing.
* Tracking of Media Release Forms
* Participate in weekly Marketing Committee calls
* Collaborates with Social Media/Marketing Intern and Marketing Team, providing media content
for external communication
* Microsoft Office: Word, Powerpoint
* Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Wordpress
* Media: Photo and video production
* Salesforce, Marketing Cloud and other Platforms taught as necessary
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Administrative Support
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible 8-12 hours weekly