2 people are interested
Grant Writer - Job Description - Haiti Now
Ayiti Now Corp is a 501(c)(3) organization based in Miami, Florida and created for empowering marginalized Haiti children of poverty (known as "Restavek" in Haitian Creole, the local language) through our educational and support programs.
Role brief: The Grant Writer is a virtual volunteer position that works directly with the Fundraising Project Manager. The Grant Writer will be responsible for researching, writing and coordinating the grant application process; management of proposals to foundations and corporate sources in pursuit of fundraising goals.
- Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents
- Responsible for researching, collecting data, and writing of each grant
- Coordinates with the Fundraising PM to gather financial information necessary to report to grant-giving organizations.
- Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials
- Maintain current records in online tools to track and report grants
- Coordinate and follow-ups on the progress of submitted proposals
- Inform the Fundraising PM of grant status and needs for developing a successful grant request
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s required, Marketing background preferred
- 2 years experience in grants research and grant writing with non-profits preferred
- Demonstrated ability to write successful grant proposals (Samples needed)
- Minimum volunteer hours expected: 7-10 hrs per week
- Fluent in spoken and written English, able to communicate clearly and consistently
- Reliable internet connection a must
- Motivated self starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Google Suite Apps such as Drive, Sheets, etc.
- Familiarity with or quick adoption of Trello and Slack tools important
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Market Research / Analysis
- Must be at least 18
- 7 - 10 hrs per week