At ChickTech, we believe every girl and woman has the right to fulfill their true potential. Through a variety of confidence and skill building experiences, we uplift and empower girls and women through the lens of technology. In the end, our goal is to get and keep girls and women in high tech and show them they are capable of doing - and being - anything they desire. Through service across the country, community members are joining us to bring these experiences to the girls and women who need them the most.We are seeking to recruit a Workshop Manager to coordinate volunteers for our High School Girls' Kick-Off Event in Fall of 2018. As the Workshop Manager, you will help drive execution of our high school workshop programs and coordinate supplies for the Workshop Leads. You will be working with the high school program team to provide updates on workshops and advising Workshop Leads on their workshop plans.
The benefits: an opportunity to have leadership experience to put on your resume. Opportunities to network directly with ChickTech volunteers and staff across the US. Networking opportunities at a local level with a wide diversity of tech companies and other organizations. Having a direct impact on the ability of the local ChickTech chapter to be able to enact its mission. Having a positive, direct impact in the lives of girls and women.
- Recruiting Workshop Volunteers and interviewing them to grasp what they want to teach High School Girls about technology.
- Coordinate supplies for Workshop Leads as needed and within budget.
- Create and plan a successful conference alongside other High School Program volunteers.
- Participate in fundraising efforts
- Able to approve or reject workshops as needed.
- Very good at leading and can set an example for other Workshop Leads.
- Must be available for the entire weekend (16 hours) of the High School Kick-Off event (TBD).
- Will have to go through a background check
- Prior volunteer experience with high school girls
- Has led a team prior
- Works in either the technology industry or education or both.
Please note, you do not have to be female to volunteer! We do no discriminate on LBGTQ either.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Group Facilitation
- Inventory Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 2-5 hours a week, but will pick up for conference
- ChickTech Volunteer Coordinator
- High School Volunteer...
- Finance Director - ChickTech...
- Finance Director - Orange County
- High School Program Director
- High School Communications...
- High School Workshop Lead...
- Workshop Lead - Orange County:...
- Teaching Assistants for Tech...
- ChickTech High School...
- Volunteer Manager
- ChickTech Workshop Manager
- Volunteer Coordinator, Chicktech...
- Exhibit Table Volunteer at...
- Chapter Director - Atlanta
- Graphic Design/Photography...
- Marketing Co-Director - Orange...
- ACT-W Website Manager
- High School Community Engagement...
- ChickTech Event Manager