At ChickTech, we believe every girl and woman has the right to fulfill their true potential. Through a variety of confidence and skill building experiences, we uplift and empower girls and women through the lens of technology. In the end, our goal is to get and keep girls and women in high tech and show them they are capable of doing - and being - anything they desire. Through service across the country, community members are joining us to bring these experiences to the girls and women who need them the most.We are seeking to recruit 2 Volunteer Coordinators to join our team to reach out to the community and companies for volunteers. As the Volunteer Coordinator, you will help drive execution of our volunteer programs and mission, by working with our chapter to provide volunteer opportunities to those interested in helping with our cause, driving or creating recruitment strategies, and implementing strategies that you, yourself, may have created! You will be working with the communication team to provide up-to-date volunteer opportunities within the community and our volunteers.
The benefits: an opportunity to have leadership experience to put on your resume. Opportunities to network directly with ChickTech volunteers and staff across the US. Networking opportunities at a local level with a wide diversity of tech companies and other organizations. Having a direct impact on the ability of the local ChickTech chapter to be able to enact its mission. Having a positive, direct impact in the lives of girls and women.Would you like to lead volunteers within our organization and community to joining our cause? Do you feel driven to help our cause? Then join us! We invite you to reach out and can’t wait to hear from you.
- Researching volunteer opportunities within companies and how they help their employees volunteer.
- Proposing volunteer strategies such as documentation, recruitment, data organization, and management of volunteers.
- Implementing recruitment opportunities for specific roles in our organization.
- Understanding the needs of our organization to provide volunteer opportunities
- Able to meet at most once a week that can eventually lead to once a month (on call or in person) with Volunteer Director.
- Work with volunteer team to create lists of volunteer questions and opportunities ideal for our organization.
- May potentially manage own set of volunteers in the future with suffice responsibility stacked and become a Volunteer Manager.
- Great communicator and have a phone to use
- Capable of talking with others and their diverse backgrounds
- A jack of all trade to understand other volunteer positions
- Good at organizing
- Great writer
- Tech or Volunteer experience
- Have humor to tolerate Punny Volunteer Director
Please note, you do not have to be female to volunteer! We do no discriminate on LBGTQ either.
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Group Facilitation
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2-5 hours per week.
- Conference Volunteers - Orange...
- Finance Director - Seattle
- High School Communications...
- High School Workshop Lead...
- High School Program Coordinator...
- Girls Who Code Technical Volunteer
- Operations Director: ChickTech...
- High School Program Coordinator...
- High School Program Director -...
- ChickTech Boston - Chapter Lead
- Fundraising and Partnerships...
- Fundraising Event Chair - Orange...
- Workshop Leader - Corvallis,...
- Fundraising Director
- Social Media Specialist -...
- High School Workshop Manager -...
- Event Logistics Manager
- Fundraising Manager - Corvallis,...
- High School Community Engagement...
- ChickTech Chicago Chapter Lead -...