Teach Adults - English Conversation Program in Trujillo - Peru
Please visit the new page to apply.
Be the fun and interactive teacher at "Conversation Class Program"
There are many who would like to develop their English language speaking skills yet not all have access to opportunities that provide them with an immersive environment, an environment where, for the most part, solely English is spoken.
Our Conversation program provides adults, within the community, the opportunity to develop their conversational English skills in a relaxed, immersive environment and receive real-time feedback regarding their conversational skills.
We are currently recruiting volunteers to teach in these programs.
- Participants practice English with advanced English speakers, becoming acquainted with a plethora of accents and culture
- Improve participants’ conversational skills to increase their access to opportunities.
- International experience working with worldwide volunteers
- Teaching experience
- Strong curriculum provided
- Weekly meeting with all of the staff
- Development of language skills
- Development of cultural awareness
- Home stay experience with a Peruvian family
- Fun weekend activities
Description of Work
- Lead classes in the late afternoon/evening
- Come to conversation classes prepared with discussion topics
- Meet up with all volunteers and directors every Friday to plan the After School lessons for the following week
Our volunteers are fluent in English and come from all over the world. On average, they stay to volunteer for three months.
- Enthusiastic about teaching adults.
- Can be creative in the classroom.
- Loves traveling and adventures as much as we do.
- Can volunteer for at least one month.
- Open to experiencing new cultures.
Helpful But Not Essential:
- Basic Spanish speaking skills.
The accommodation fee is $150 USD includes housing, pick-up from the local airport/bus station.
How to Apply
- Complete an application form
- A Zoom interview - short conversation for us to respond to your questions and to tell you more about the organization.
- Evaluation by the Directors - we review your application based on our current volunteer needs
- Acceptance into the program - we’ll notify you by email and give you upcoming dates for orientation, etc.
499 Paraguay, Trujillo, La Libertad 13008, PE
Our goal is to provide students in public elementary schools with language lessons. We promote equal opportunities between men and women and equality in public schools in underprivileged areas. We promote cultural exchange through the process of learning between international volunteers and students. We guarantee that all children, regardless of their socioeconomic and cultural condition will have an opportunity to learn in a fun and interactive environment.
We are a non-profit organization dedicated to English language education in public elementary schools. We work to develop students’ abilities to communicate and to prepare them to interact with the conditions of a global world. We have a vision of reducing the education inequality gaps and increasing opportunities for underprivileged children through the teaching of languages, with a primary focus on English.
We work with 4 schools, 6 partner organizations, 1500 kids, 2 international consultants, 75 international volunteers, and 25 local volunteers on average per year.
499 ParaguayTrujillo, La Libertad Peru
December 9, 2021
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
- At least 1 month