POSITION TITLE: Campus Pastor
MINISTRY CATEGORY: Executive Staff
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor & Executive Pastor
ROLE SUMMARY: The role of the Campus Pastor is to oversee the life and direction of the satellite churches under the direction and leadership of the Lead Pastor. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values and strategy of Three Winds Church PDX and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision and values. The Campus Pastor will offer pastoral leadership to the campus. The Campus Pastor will also ensure that the systems, practices and policies of the church responsibly and effectively support its ministry activities.
Essential Job Functions
- Strategic Leadership and Planning: Responsible for championing Highpoint Church’s vision and values at the North campus location. The Campus Pastor will assist the Lead Pastor in strategic planning and staff coordination in the execution of the church’s mission and vision. The campus pastor will lead the campus in accomplishing goals and action plans established by the Lead Pastor and Elder team. The Campus Pastor will provide the catalyzing challenges and activities which allow Three Winds Church PDX to remain true to its mission and vision.
This leadership and input will be provided through many activities including: will assist the Lead Pastor in strategic planning and staff coordination in the execution of the church’s mission and vision. This leadership and input will be provided through many activities including:
- Implementing an intentional staff meetings strategy to clarify and execute Three Winds Church PDX’s goals and objectives.
- Monitoring and reporting the pulse of the congregation through research and evaluation of attendance, giving, small group participation, baptisms, volunteer engagement, community transformation, etc.
- Ensuring staffing, facilities and programs are appropriately and effectively aligned to best meet strategic goals and Highpoint Church campus constants.
- Managing campus budget and providing oversight and direction in the large variety of financial functions of the church including: stewardship campaigns, cash flow, contributions, payroll, leases and budget development.
- Fulfilling other pastoral and administrative duties (weddings, funerals, baptisms, child dedications, counseling, etc.) or other tasks which might not be considered part of the normal job description.
- Oversight of Campus Worship Experiences: Responsible for ensuring that all worship experiences are executed with excellence. The Campus Pastor displays excellent communication skills, the ability to make sound decisions, high level networking and relational strengths that enhance each worship experience. These objectives are accomplished by:
- Delivering relevant, Biblical messages when called upon.
- Teaching and leading in small, medium and large group settings.
- Planning and executing worship and other creative elements to complement the teaching in each ministry environment.
- Staff Supervision and Development: Provides leadership to the campus staff team. The Campus Pastor will lead, evaluate and mentor existing staff in their respective areas of ministry and prioritize future staffing needs. Includes the following responsibilities: Supervising the campus staff leadership team as it relates to day-to-day ministry and operational activities.
- Overseeing the training and development of campus leadership team.
- Empowering staff and volunteer leaders to lead the ministries and operations.
- Providing coaching to the staff in the design and implementation of all church ministries including periodically evaluating appropriate changes to organizational structure to reflect ministry strategy.
- Fulfill the duties required of Three Winds Church PDX members as outlined in the membership covenant.
- Fulfill the character qualifications of as taught in the Scriptures.
- Humility, desire to continually improve, and passion to build a world-class church and ministry operations.
- Commitment to serving Three Winds Church PDX in role for at least three years to ensure a solid foundation and consistency.
- Discretion, perseverance, patience, sense of humor, team spirit, and genuinely caring.
- "Kingly" in the tri-perspectival leadership model (prophet-priest-king): strong administrative and organizational skills and gifts, builder of strategies and systems, focused on details.
- Results-focused leadership with persuasive interpersonal skills adaptable to a variety of personalities and situations.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong teaching and training skills.
- Entrepreneurial abilities, from big picture strategy to operational details.
- Able to lead volunteer teams, recruit, develop and inspire people, set clear expectations and accountability.
About Three Winds Church PDX - Three Winds Church (TWC) of Portland is a non-denominational all-affirming community of believers; followers of Christ who believe His’ grace and love reaches to the furthest margins of society, embracing all without prejudice or discrimination. Our mission is to be a community where like minded people gather for the purpose of worship, service, and fellowship. For more information, visit www.ThreeWindsChurch.org
- Executive Admin
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Business Planning
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 15 to 20 hours per week