Title: Executive Pastor (volunteer)
MINISTRY CATEGORY: Executive Staff
Reports to: Lead Pastor
ROLE SUMMARY: The Executive Pastor is responsible for the overall leadership and direction of Three Winds Church PDX’s staff, leading all functional areas in the accomplishment of the church’s mission. This includes outreach, arts, pastoral care, group life, student and children’s ministry areas as well as strategic planning, finance, administration, human resources, and operations.
Essential Job Functions
- Support the Lead Pastor in the accomplishment of the church’s mission through ministry effectiveness evaluation, discernment, decision making, planning and overall direction of church staff.
- Lead the ministry staff in the establishment and ongoing direction of ministries that effectively reach the church’s demographic, ensuring the accomplishment of the overall mission.
- Ensure the operational readiness of the church through leadership and oversight of the support staff performing duties in administration, finance, human resources, supply, and facilities management.
- Facilitate the annual strategic planning process including evaluation of ministry performance; review of mission, vision, and core values; development of key objectives and tactics; and establishment of three year goals.
- Establish and maintain a set of key performance measures (KPMs) that provide the Lead Pastor and church staff with ongoing visibility of the effectiveness of all functional areas of the church.
- Develop annual financial plans that fund the accomplishment of the strategic plan and meet critical financial objectives such as established cash reserve levels.
- Lead church planting efforts including development of a strategy, networking with other church planting focused churches for funding and provision of other needed resources as well as identification, development, and leadership of lead church planters.
- Champion the development of infrastructure by all ministry and support areas that supports healthy, long-term growth of the church.
- Lead the church’s building programs including capital fundraising campaigns, master planning, design and architecture, contractor selection, and construction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position requires a minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience as a senior leader in a corporate business environment. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology, or other related field is required. Master’s work in Biblical studies is a plus. The successful individual must have a proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, and above reproach character.
- Fulfill the duties required of Three Winds Church members as outlined in the membership covenant.
- Fulfill the character qualifications of as taught in the Scriptures.
- Humility, desire to continually improve, and passion to build a world-class church and ministry operations.
- Commitment to serving Three Winds Church in role for at least three years to ensure a solid foundation and consistency.
- Discretion, perseverance, patience, sense of humor, team spirit, and genuinely caring.
- "Kingly" in the tri-perspectival leadership model (prophet-priest-king): strong administrative and organizational skills and gifts, builder of strategies and systems, focused on details.
- Results-focused leadership with persuasive interpersonal skills adaptable to a variety of personalities and situations.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong teaching and training skills.
- Entrepreneurial abilities, from big picture strategy to operational details.
- Able to lead volunteer teams, recruit, develop and inspire people, set clear expectations and accountability.
About Three Winds Church PDX - Three Winds Church (TWC) of Portland is a non-denominational all-affirming community of believers; followers of Christ who believe His’ grace and love reaches to the furthest margins of society, embracing all without prejudice or discrimination. Our mission is to be a community where like minded people gather for the purpose of worship, service, and fellowship. For more information, visit www.ThreeWindsChurch.org
- Financial Planning
- Executive Admin
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Business Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 15 to 20 hours per week