Community Living Center (CLC) Senior Companion Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center
(If you are interested in this position please send an email to VhaaugVoluntaryService@va.gov)
2. Purpose of Assignment
The CLC Senior Companion is responsible for helping unit staff provide patient centered care for the residents. Volunteer must provide a superior customer service experience for each resident served. In this visible role, it is important that the volunteer maintains a positive attitude and professional appearance at all times. The volunteer reports to the Nurse Manager of the assigned CLC.
· Greets resident with a smile.
· Treats all residents and other staff in a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
· Always looks out for resident (patient) safety.
· Reports accidents and safety situations/concerns to the Nurse Manager.
· Provides companionship
4. Time Commitment
Shifts 8 a.m. - Noon, Noon - 4 p.m., or negotiated. Volunteers can work 1 or more shifts per week as agreed upon with Nurse Manager of the CLC.
· Exceptional customer service skills.
· Strong communication skills (both written and oral).
· Pass a background check
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a courteous manner.
· Problem solving skills and ability to make sound decisions.
· Requires periods of sitting, standing and walking.
6. Training and Skill Development
· Initial and annual volunteer training.
· CLC unit training
Volunteer reports to: Assigned CLC Unit Nurse Manager
Feedback: Annual written
8. Supporting policies
* VHA Handbook 1620.01
* Medical Center Policy MEMORANDUM NO. 119-14-01
This position is located in one of our Community Living Centers offering long-term care for Veterans. This is a care setting for our Veterans located at the Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center, 1 Freedom Way, Augusta, GA 30904.
· Lunch provided for volunteers working a 4 or more hour shift.
· Structured recognition/awards program
· Annual Flu Shot at no cost
· Eligible to join credit union
· Make tax-free purchases in Canteen store
- Veteran Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- We will take what you can give!
- Volunteer Van Driver for...
- Van Driver for Veterans at the...
- Ambassador Charlie Norwood...
- Volunteer Driver for Veterans...
- Distribution Technician...
- Veterans Health Education and...
- Wheelchair Repair Downtown...
- Prosethetics Clerical and...
- Information Desk (Front Line...
- Beneficiary Travel Customer...
- Wheelchair Concierge & Greeter
- Appointment Reminder for...
- Nursing Volunteer for Veterans...
- Community Living Center Senior...
- Musician Volunteer Charlie...
- Front Desk Clerk Volunteer...
- Program Assistant in...
- Wheelchair Concierge Service...
- Volunteer Van Driver For...
- Fisher House Volunteer Charlie...