49 people are interested
The mission of the Wake Young Men’s Leadership Academy One-on-One Mentoring Program is to establish supportive relationships between adults and students to:
- broaden students’ visions of their future
- help students reach their fullest academic, physical, emotional and social potential
What we look for in Mentors
- Volunteers in the community
- Age 21 or older
- Commit one hour per week, for at least a year
- Express desire to help the mentee develop vital skills
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Wake Young Men's Leadership Academy
567 East Hargett St, Raleigh, NC 27601, US
Wake Young Men’s Leadership Academy develops young men into leaders who have a positive impact in their communities through scholarship, service, and success.
The Wake Young Men’s Leadership Academy (WYMLA) is a 6-13, single-gender, early college, leadership academy within the Wake County Public School System. The school opened in the Fall of 2012 and currently serves approximately 150 students in the Middle School (6-8), 100 students in the High School (9-10), and 100 in our Early College Program (11-12 currently with expansion to 11-13). WYMLA strives to develop young men into leaders who have a positive impact on their communities through Scholarship, Service, and Success.
We'll work with your schedule.
567 E. Hargett StreetRaleigh, NC 27601
- Youth Services
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 30 minutes to 1 hour each week, during school hours (7:35 AM to 2:10 PM)