SEEKING WOMAN OF COLOR FOR GRANTS/FUNDING STREAM COORDINATOR POSITION AT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE NPO
3 people are interested
The Survivant Organization (TSO), a non-profit dedicated to assisting female victims of domestic and sexual violence aged 16-24 needs an experienced WOMAN OF COLOR between the ages of 24-35 to serve as the GRANTS & FUNDING STREAM COORDINATORASAP!
You must CURRENTLY LIVE in the DC METRO AREA to be eligible for this opportunity.
Being a survivor of domestic and sexual violence myself, I want to put together a team dedicated to using their positions in the non-profit community here in DC to attract more survivors to come forward, tell their stories, receive the help they need, and combat the silent epidemic of violence towards women. We have several projects in the works geared towards awareness, interactive education, and therapy that we really need help bringing to fruition. We are looking for the right individual to start ASAP so they can assist with our relaunching of TSO through various projects, including a true crime docuseries project and a brand, new podcast endeavor.
The Board will support the work of The Survivant Organization (TSO) and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by TSO’s chief executive officer (CEO), the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
LEADERSHIP, GOVERNANCE, AND OVERSIGHT
- Attend all board meetings
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as s/he develops and implements TSO’s strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by TSO for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Managing and supporting the grants requirement and implementation for TSO
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process
- Perform relevant research to identify available grant opportunities and evaluate the results
- Directly involved in grant writing by coordinating with grant writers or coordinators
- Research for effective and authentic funding opportunities for TSO
- Oversee grant implementation according to the operational/financial needs of TSO
- Keep board informed about upcoming deadlines/deliverables regarding grants
- Oversee the job of accounting to ensure successful execution of grant process
- Analyze the budget trends and recommendations for cost control/reduction for grants
- Provide detailed reports to the funders and the board of directors with respect to the organization's progress
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs
- Maintain records of all payments/receivables and prepare records for all grant-related activities
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the CEO
- Assisting the CEO and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partnering with the CEO and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing TSO to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring TSO’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities TSO serves
TSO Board Members will consider TSO a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. TSO will then be able to credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, TSO expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
TSO’s Board Members will serve a five-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for additional terms. Board meetings will be held quarterly and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about TSO’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- A commitment to and understanding of TSO’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of TSO’s beneficiaries
- Service on TSO’s Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties.
We really believe in this project so if you are interested in getting started with our team, we are looking for dedicated, reliable women who want to affect change and work to achieve gender equality around the world. It will be an awesome experience. This is a NON-PAYING opportunity. You must CURRENTLY LIVE in the DC METRO AREA. We are also working on a docuseries so participation/being on camera is MANDATORY.
We are having a MEETING with the team THIS WEEKEND which would be a great opportunity to meet in person. But you MUST make CONTACT via EMAIL by THURSDAY to ATTEND the MEETING. So please send your resume, interest, and inquiries to email@example.com for consideration. As always, questions and concerns are welcomed.
To learn more about the work TSO does, connect with us through our various media:
Visit our WEBSITE at http://www.thesurvivant.org/
"Like" our FACEBOOK page at https://www.facebook.com/ THESURVIVANTORG/
Follow the LIONESS on TWITTER at https://www.facebook.com/ THESURVIVANTORG/
Follow us on INSTAGRAM at https://www.instagram.com/ thesurvivantorg/
Hope to hear from you soon!
We'll work with your schedule.
16th Street NWWashington, DC 20010
- Resource Development / Management
- Relationship Building
- Professional Development
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 24