The YWCA Passage Point is currently on the hunt for friendly, encouraging, and fun volunteers to spend time with children of various ages!
YWCA Passage Point is a supportive residential community and housing program for parents who would otherwise be homeless after incarceration and are reuniting with their children and families. We strive to empower parents and children to gain the skills and confidence necessary to become self-sufficient. Passage Point provides a stable environment with positive educational and social opportunities for the children and their families.
Throughout their time at Passage Point, parents and families attend various meetings where they will learn skills, take classes, etc., which are important for their re-entry into society. Providing childcare for the parents during these meetings helps support participant skill building and opens up the possibility for creative activities with youth.
What you would do:
- Develop stimulating and age appropriate activities
- Lead youth in activities
- Supervise and engage with groups of children for various meetings
- 18 years of age or older
- Comfortable working and interacting with people of different racial and cultural backgrounds
- Previous experience working with children
- Energetic and creative
- Ability to brainstorm cheap and easy activities to engage children of various ages
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and non-judgmental environment for children
Sign up for a profile and apply for this position at:
This position is called 'Ongoing Childcare Volunteers at Passage Point'
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 3 months