The YWCA runs a support program for women dealing with domestic violence, and we are in search of a handful of committed volunteers to supervise activities for kids while their mothers participate in the group. the domestic violence support group is so vital to the emotional health of the women involved. It's a safe spot where they can gather, share, find resources, and find out they aren't alone.
Volunteers are encouraged to create and/or facilitate fun activities suitable for various ages. This is not only an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of some wonderful children, but to contribute to the goal of ending domestic violence in our community. We wouldn't be able to hold a support group without our wonderful volunteers.
- Thursday 6-8pm
- At least 6 months commitment
- Experience working with children
- A calm, compassionate, empathetic heart
- An understanding of domestic violence would be very helpful
- An openness to learning about our mission of eliminating racism and empowering women
- Volunteers must be female and at least 18 years of age
Ready to volunteer?
Sign up for a profile and apply to this volunteer position at:
- Child Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- at least 6 months
- only female applicants accepted