Animal Sanctuary & Nonprofit Internship
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where12620 Willamette MeridianSilverdale, WA 98383
One Heart Wild Education Sanctuary and ROOTS Institute have ongoing opportunities for interns looking for experience with the operations of an animal sanctuary and those interested in expanding their understanding and experience with running a nonprofit.
We are a trauma informed Farm Animal Sanctuary providing Animal/Equine Assisted Self Development, human-animal bond oriented education outreach programs, volunteer opportunities, and ROOTS Institute Animal/Equine Assisted Facilitation certification.
This internship is appropriate for gaining experience with the following:
- setting up a trans-species psychology oriented animal/equine assisted self development and therapy program
- human-animal bond oriented social/emotional education outreach programs
- day to day operations of an animal sanctuary
- experience caring for a wide variety of farm animals, their trauma and healing
- grant writing and fundraising essentials for nonprofit success
- incorporating our relationship with other animals in to our Animals & Empathy elementary school program
- running outdoor and social/emotional skill building activities at the Sanctuary incorporating our animal residents
One Heart Wild facilitates empathy, compassion, and healing for human and non-human animals through the principles of trans-species psychology. Our trans-species culture embodies seeking ways to peacefully co-exist with non-human animals without physical, mental or emotional trauma, violence, or dominance toward them. Human healing and growth take place in service to mutually beneficial relationship with our resident horses, goats, pigs, chickens, bunnies, guinea pigs, cats, and dogs. Our interns must be in alignment with our trans-species culture.
We require a minimum commitment of three months. Ability to pass a full background check. Non smoking.
- Program Management
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
- Grant Writing / Research
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 3 months / 3 shifts per week