Help Change Someone’s Future
Become a Literacy DuPage Volunteer Tutor!
We are currently recruiting tutors to help more than 200 learners improve their foundational English skills to get jobs, support their families and thrive in their communities.
What makes a great tutor?
- Passion for helping and teaching and seeing their learner grow.
- Patience to help learners where they’re at and slowly improve over time.
- Empathy to understand the learner may be balancing work, family and other responsibilities, all in a community where they may not speak with language.
- Resourcefulness to connect learners with the information and tools they need to thrive.
If this sounds like you, we would love to meet you! Go to our website, www.literacydupage.org, call us at (630) 416-6699 to attend the orientation at the Lisle Library District on Monday, April 16, 2018 from 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM.
Help us continue our important work of empowering adults, families and communities through literacy.
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours / week for 6 months post training.
- Attend 18 hours of training post orientation.
- Bolingbrook - Change Someone's...
- Make a difference through a...
- Volunteer Program Assistant
- Change someone's life - become a...
- Use your words to make a...
- Help someone move forward and...
- Become a Volunteer Tutor with...
- Light A Spark With Your Words!
- Make a difference through...
- Change a life through literacy!