Snow Angels shoveling assistance for Elders in South Boston
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
SNOW REMOVAL VOLUNTEERS (ELDER SERVICES)
The Snow Removal Volunteer for Elder Services is responsible for working with an assigned elderly homeowner located in South Boston who is no longer able to clear snow in a timely manner after a snowfall or storm. Clearing access to house and sidewalk in front of the house (no driveways!) and spreading salt/ice melt. The position requires a commitment of time between first and last snow fall during the winter months. This is a great opportunity to volunteer as a team with a friend or partner.
- Establish/maintain relationship with assigned client
- Be able to remove snow from client’s sidewalk in front of house and walkway/stairs to house within 24 hours of snow fall.
- Establish appropriate boundaries with client
- Attend occasional trainings
- Ability to clearly communicate with and provide feedback to Director particularly if unable to shovel after a storm
- Demonstrate professionalism and a positive attitude when working with client
- Must maintain confidential information in a professional manner at all times
- Ability to work with people from all walks of life in a caring non-judgmental way
- Experience with working with elders is helpful but not required
- Comfortable interacting with people on a one-on-one basis
- Ability to lift, push or pull 20-30 lbs of snow
- Available during Winter months and after each snowfall
We'll work with your schedule.
275 West BroadwaySOUTH BOSTON, MA 02127
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 1-2 hours per snow event
- Ability to shovel snow; reliable transportation to South Boston