5 people are interested
Bring a smile to a terminally-ill patient - become a Pet Therapy Volunteer
5 people are interested
Hospice Volunteering is a rewarding opportunity for people who want to make a positive difference in the life of others in need. Our Volunteers are an important part of our team. Our patients reside in Nursing Facilities and Private Homes throughout Cumberland, Gloucester, and Salem counties.
Pet Therapy Volunteers visit their assigned patients and provide extensive emotional support to our patients and caregivers. These visits can bring joy and comfort while reducing stress, combating loneliness, and bringing back pleasant memories.
The process to come onboard begins with a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. Volunteers are required to complete a background check, medical checks, end-of-life training and be willing to make a one year commitment. Requirements for the Pet Therapy program also include providing a copy of current certification by a reputable pet therapy program (such as Therapy Dogs International, Alliance of Therapy Dogs, Pet Partners, etc.), current vaccination records, and a letter from the pet's veterinarian attesting the pet is in good health and has behavior appropriate for hospice.
Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Lucia DiSimone, at 856-845-8220 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
About BAYADA at Inspira Hospice
603 North Broad Street, Woodbury, NJ 08096, US
BAYADA has a special purpose--to help people have a safe home life with comfort, independence, and dignity. BAYADA provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors worldwide. We care for our clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Families coping with significant illness or disability need help and support while caring for a family member. Our goal at BAYADA is to provide the highest quality home health care services available. We believe our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability, our BAYADA core values.
With a strong commitment from each of us, BAYADA will make it possible for millions of people worldwide to experience a better quality of life in the comfort of their own homes. We want to build and maintain a lasting legacy as the world's most compassionate and trusted team of home health care professionals.
- We believe our clients come first.
- We believe our employees are our greatest asset.
- We believe that building relationships and working together are critical to our success as a community of compassionate caregivers.
- We believe we must demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times.
- We believe in providing community service where we live and work.
- We believe it is our responsibility to strengthen the organization's financial foundation and to support its growth.
- Compassion. Our clients and their families feel supported and cared for.
- Excellence. We provide home health care services to our clients with the highest professional, ethical, and safety standards.
- Reliability. Our clients and their families can reply on us and are able to live their lives to the fullest, with a sense of well-being, dignity, and trust.
603 North Broad StreetSuite 301Woodbury, NJ 08096
October 5, 2021
- People Skills
- Animal Therapy
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Four hours a month for patient visits.
- Medical checks (TB Test, Physical)