Volunteers provide accurate and appropriate visitor information related to Juneau and Travel Juneau members. Volunteers are professional, courteous, friendly, and familiar with resources in visitor centers. Training and all necessary information provided.
- Provide destination and member information as required by visitors to the best of your ability.
- Present information as objectively as possible - recommending Travel Juneau member businesses whenever applicable.
- Be dependable about covering assigned volunteer shifts. Give timely notice of pending absences, seek substitute from volunteer list.
- Record hours worked and number of visitors assisted, include visitors who take brochures.
- Abide by Travel Juneau polices as outlined in the Volunteer Manual.
- Provide important feedback regarding visitors’ concerns or problems to supervisor as soon as possible.
- Attend new season trainings, ongoing training and educational opportunities.
- Teamwork: All volunteers must show a willingness to work and get along with a wide variety of individuals (visitors, fellow volunteers, Juneau residents, business travelers, etc).
- Professional Image: In the eyes of the visitors, the volunteer is Juneau. Therefore, volunteers are expected to present a positive and professional image of the Travel Juneau and Juneau in their personal appearance (dress and grooming) and demeanor.
- Interest in providing useful and accurate information to visitors.
- Ability to respond to questions objectively and knowledgeably.
- A friendly, helpful attitude.
- General knowledge about visitor services and attractions.
- Good communication skills including the ability to hear, speak and understand English. A second language is not required, but welcomed.
- Active listening skills - ability to listen and respond appropriately, including to those for whom English may be a second language.
- Physical requirements: ability to stand for extended periods of time, excellent hearing, vision and verbal communication.
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 6 hours/ month